*** Senior Mechanical Design Engineering - Aircraft Structure (Remote working, Outside IR35) ***
Would you like to join a global aerospace organisation and work with cutting edge technology where you will play a key role in bringing innovative electric aircraft to life?
Due to a drive for greater success, this advanced manufacturing business is currently searching for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineering - Aircraft Structure to add to their talented, hardworking team on a 6 month contract. Striving for innovation and creativity you can ensure no two days will be the same. This role offers remote working with negotiable hourly rate, outside IR35.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a prestigious, advanced organisation, but to gain skills and knowledge you will not find anywhere else.
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineering - Aircraft Structure, you will be responsible for:
- Support the development of fuselage structural parts and system integration throughout their lifecycle
- Design and optimize components and assemblies in responsibility of the Structure IPT with attention towards high volume production, using Siemens NX
- Manage the design data of your system in Teamcenter (PBS, BOM, etc.)
In addition, you will also support the system development from concept to production, resolving any design, manufacturing, and assembly issues along the way and create certification related documentation.
To succeed within the role of a Senior Mechanical Design Engineering - Aircraft Structure, you will have the following skills:
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in the aerospace industry
- University degree in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical/Vehicle Engineering (aerospace specialization, MSc/M.Eng preferred)
- Experience in optimization of composite and metallic structures and their design principles is required
In addition, you should also have good knowledge of Siemens NX, PDM/PLM systems (Teamcenter or equivalent), ISO GPS (alternatively ASME GD&T) and overall good drafting skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Improve work-life balance
- Be appreciated and valued
- Increase earning potential
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!