Would you like to join an international defence company to support their clients by improving the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets? Due to continued investment, this global business is currently looking for a Senior Engineer - Mechanical Process to join their existing team in Plymouth (hybrid working) on a 12 month contract.
As a Senior Engineer - Mechanical Process you will assist and support the Design Manager in the delivery of project scope. Your responsibilities will include the following but not limited to:
- To manage the delivery of nuclear process, work packages to the required scope, quality, schedule and cost.
- Responsible for managing the technical aspects of nuclear process engineering packages from identification of the need, through to handover.
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
In addition, you will also plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project's technical planning process and ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
To succeed within the role of a Senior Engineer - Mechanical Process, you'll have experience in a similar position and have the following skills:
- A degree or equivalent in a Chemical Engineering or a related discipline
- Demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
Please note that due to security nature of this role, offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining SC security clearance. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and will require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Improve work-life balance
- Be appreciated and valued
- Increase earning potential
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!