Would you like to join a global aerospace and defence organisation? Do you want to work as part of an organisation protecting people and maintaining maximum national security?
Due to a drive for greater success, this advanced manufacturing business is currently searching for a Senior Energy Engineer to add to their talented, hardworking team in Portsmouth on an initial 6 Month contract. Striving for innovation and creativity you can ensure no two days will be the same. This role will be offering £31.67 per hour.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a prestigious, advanced organisation, but to gain skills and knowledge you won't find anywhere else.
Within the role of Senior Energy Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Undertake technical reviews, verifies and signs engineering designs.
- Articulate, define and document subject expertise, approaches and standards in order to extend business knowledge base.
- Provide technical direction to engineers.
- Supporting the development of individuals and teams to enhance skills and competencies, such that technical capability objectives are fully achieved.
- Define the qualification obligations for the assurance hold points during build, test & commissioning, and providing assurance to the Design Authority as to the adequacy and robustness of the Safety Case and supporting documentation.
- Undertake functional design and/or provide qualification and evidence for acceptance, fitness for purpose, legislative requirements, and safety.
- Obtain confirmation beyond reasonable doubt by review, surveillance and audit that those assumptions, underpinning engineering data, analysis methodologies, and interpretation of results have been validated.
To succeed within the role of Senior Energy Engineer, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- Requires knowledge gained through professional qualification and including substantial work experience. MSc/ MEng level degree qualification and working towards CEng level.
- Subject Matter Expert in Energy systems and products. Requires technical breadth & depth, is Mechanical/Electrical engineering discipline expert on projects, programmes and contracts.
- Provide professional leadership for the engineering team. Promote team capability development and capability developments are communicated effectively within the discipline.
- Responsible for providing evidence for design integrity and safety products, services or sub-assemblies of low value, technical complexity and commercial risk. The role may hold technical or design authority.
- May lead a small team of engineers.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Work on long term contracts
- Develop your skills at a prestigious company
- Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Senior Energy Engineer, please send your CV to the resource centre via the 'apply now' button.
***[PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!]***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn