Senior Powertrain Engineer
Direct Hire Role
Located at HQ San Francisco OR 100% remote in North America
Working in partnership with a start-up committed to transforming the skies to better serve humanity. They are focused on the Logistics industry and the way it moves!
Who are they?
Working in partnership with a fantastic and growing autonomous cargo aircraft business, we are helping them expand their Electrified Powertrain team. The HQ is based in San Francisco, but you have a unique offering to work remotely 100% of the time, with travel for flight testing and corporate events to the HQ.
In this role:
- You'll design, analyze, test and integrate high power electrical and hybrid power systems on board the full-scale vertical takeoff and landing cargo aircraft.
- The above will include gas engine, generator, high voltage battery packs, power distribution and electric propulsion motors.
- You'll develop and integrate reliable power supply solutions.
- Create and execute the powertrain technical roadmap across vehicle development phases including specification and selection of components.
- You'll lead the powertrain and electrical system requirement specification.
- Contribute to high level planning and architecture discussions in collaboration.
- Document the process and implemented system architecture.
- Ideally 6+ years of professional experience in electrical engineering on full-scale vehicle power systems.
- Deep experience with hybrid powertrain architectures and associated high voltage subsystems.
- Strong hands-on experience with PCBs, wire harnesses, connectors, and schematics for electrical systems.
- Strong hands-on experience debugging, troubleshooting, and root-cause analyzing electrical systems for noise mitigation and EMI.
- Strong experience designing electrical systems in weight/volume-constrained applications and use of best-practices for efficient electrical system integration.
This is a great role, to work in a forward thinking, fast paced and next generation aerial system.
To find out more and book a call, please apply with your resume.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn