Due to a drive for greater success, this advanced manufacturing business is currently searching for a Senior Detail Designer - Electrical to add to their talented, hardworking team in Glasgow on an initial 12-month contract.
Striving for innovation and creativity, you can ensure no two days will be the same. This role will be offering £32.31 an hour inside IR35.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a prestigious, advanced organisation but to gain skills and knowledge you won't find anywhere else.
Within the role of Senior Detail Designer - Electrical, you'll be responsible for:
- Delivering design solutions in line with the design intent, ensuring consideration of through life stakeholders (eg operations, commissioning, support, RN)
- Working within mandated design constraints such as design rules and acceptance requirements and manage non-adherence through the correct process
- Coaching others on technical skills, guide and monitor trainees in their work required for vocational qualifications as delegated through Line Manager
- Being a Role Model for early careers and aspiring designers with the ability to develop talent to fulfil early potential, support early career programmes
- Performing self check and peer check of all engineering outputs (Including BOM) from within the team and value stream in line with the detail design Quality Management Process/System, where delegated conduct quality teir 2 checks
To succeed within the role of Senior Detail Designer - Electrical, you'll have experience within a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- Completion of vocational training (Apprenticeship, Vocational Qualifications) or the equivalent experience
- Experience in engineering or technical role
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of all aspects within the sub-discipline.
- Able to perform robust analysis using recognised detail modelling, documentation and analytical tools and to make sound judgements based on experience.
- Has sufficient breadth of knowledge of warship design and the sound judgement needed to be able make correct trade-off decisions
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Work on complex, cutting-edge projects.
- Achieve a work/life balance.
- Work on long term contracts.
- Develop your skills at a prestigious company.
- Gain security clearance.
APPLY NOW if this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Senior Detail Designer - Electrical please send your CV via the 'apply now' button.
***[PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!]***