A global leader in Defence is looking to hire a Senior Design Assurance Engineer to work with exciting systems and ensure their integration with platforms is successful
The key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Agree priorities, perceived risk and level of effort with the ICS Assurance Lead and provide reports
- Work closely with the Combat System (CS) Build and Integration team to understand the CS platform build plans, the management of production defects, concessions, the critical path, etc
- Attend and observe Installation Inspections (IIs) and Final Installation Inspections (FIIs) on-board the Platform
- Witness and report on significant CS faults, failures and safety issues and CS technical investigations raised on the Platform
- Attend Combat System Release (CSR) and Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs)
- Witness CS equipment, sub-system and system testing
- Observe the introduction and verification of approved change within the delivered system
- Actively engage with the platform Engineering Product Assurance Department (EPAD) to support the assurance of the CS to platform interfaces
Candidates can come from a variety of backgrounds and be considered for this role. A strong design engineer with experience with electo-mechanical products from a highly regulated industry would be considered, alternatively people with experience in the installation/integaration of complex systems are also of interest.
Ex-forces personnel with experience of operating or maintaining/troubleshooting systems are also encouraged to apply.