Would you like to join an international defence company to support their clients by improving the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets? Due to continued investment, this global business is currently looking for a Satellite Communications Engineer to join their existing team in Bristol 2 days a week on a 6 month contract basis.
We are looking for an experience RF Satellite Communications Systems Engineer to lead the upgrade of Radio Frequency (RF) and Intermediate Frequency (IF) Systems, including the specification and delivery of large satellite terminals. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- the design of Radio and Intermediate Frequency systems architecture,
- specification of system elements
- Overseeing the purchase and installation of equipment
- System Test and Commissioning
- Support to the new service design process
- Specifying, purchasing and testing of VSAT terminals, to support the delivery of new services
To succeed within the role of a Satellite Communications Engineer, you must have experience in a similar position and have the following skills:
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering Discipline
- Previous experience with a satellite network operator
- Current knowledge of RF and IF architecture and best design practice
- Experience in the specification and delivery of large (9m) satellite terminals
- Satellite network system design experience
- Able to calculate link budgets for complex SATCOM Systems
- Experience working across complete engineering lifecycle.
Please note that due to security nature of this role, offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining SC security clearance. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and will require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Improve work-life balance
- Be appreciated and valued
- Increase earning potential
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!