We have embarked on a search to identify a Lead Safety Engineer and a number of Safety Engineers to help deliver a vast array of exciting and varied programmes. These are permanent positions although contractors would also be considered (rate negotiable).
The Lead Safety Engineer role will involve a range of tasks including the following (whereas the Safety Engineer roles will focus very much on the delivery of technical work):
- Providing safety input to bid activities,
- Guiding the safety programme requirements,
- Safety & environmental management,
- Collation of evidence and deliverables to support the product safety argument generation,
- Quantitative analysis techniques,
- Hazard analysis activities, Hazard Log generation and management,
- Production of safety engineering artifacts in accordance with applicable Defence Standards,
- Providing safety input to internal and external design review meetings, raising concerns as required,
The organisation is a people centric business who themselves are well-respected & highly successful in the consultancy world and employ over 13,000 people who want to make a difference. They are currently making significant investments across numerous business sectors to deliver against their ambitious and exciting global expansion plan. The range of programmes you'll be working on is varied and so the ability to work in this type of environment is essential.
Experience in a similar Systems Safety role is essential and, ideally, this experience will have been gained working in a consultancy business or, alternatively, in a business in the Aerospace, Space or Defence industry. Some key words that we'd certainly be keen to see in your CV would be:
- Systems Safety
- Complex Systems
- Def Stan 00-56, 00-55, 00-51, 05-057 & Mil Std 882E
- DO-178B, DO254
- Civil aircraft cert CS-23, CS-25
- ATA-24, ATA-27, ATA-28, ATA-32
- HAZID, HAZOP, FHA
If you're interested in being considered for this role, please email me your up to date CV via the "Apply Now" button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn