Would you like to solve some of the most interesting design challenges in the defence industry today? Due to continued investment, this global business is currently looking for a Resident Engineer - Mechanical to join their existing team in Plymouth (fully site based) on a 12 month contract.
As a Resident Engineer - Mechanical, you will be providing advice and support, and witnessing the installation and commissioning process through construction works in the submarine refit complex. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- You will assist the construction and Project team by providing advice and communicating with contractors and relevant internal stakeholders to resolve site issues/ Technical Queries during construction in line with contract timescales.
- You will ensure the contractor adheres to the Scope of works and Change requests.
- You will undertake and record inspections to ensure adherence to scope and integrated test plans.
To succeed within the role of a Resident Engineer - Mechanical, you'll have experience in a similar position and have the following skills:
- You should be degree qualified and or Charted in a relevant discipline.
- You must have safely executed relevant Construction works in the past and have an understanding of the Nuclear industry and the impact of works against an extant safety case.
- You shall have awareness of CDM, construction practices and health and safety legislation.
- You should have experience delivering within the nuclear licenced site boundary.
- You should be able to demonstrate effective stakeholder management and understands the importance of integrated team delivery. Experience in delivering NEC contracts
Please note that due to security nature of this role, we can only consider those who have lived in the UK in the last 5 years and is eligible for SC clearance.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Improve work-life balance
- Be appreciated and valued
- Increase earning potential
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!