Due to continued growth and expansion, we are currently working on behalf of our client, a successful civil engineering contractor based in the North of Scotland as they look to appoint a Quantity Surveyor within the commercial team. Our client is a reputable civils contractor who have expanded with a new office based in Inverness. With a variety of civil engineering projects in the pipeline, they expect a busy year ahead and would like to add an experienced civils QS to the team.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for advising on contract conditions and commercial matters and maintaining accurate financial control systems including, but not limited to:
* Monthly Cost Value Reconciliations
* Ensure valuations are maximised, certified and paid on time
* Mange any variations to contracts in a timely manner
* Forecasts of cost and value of all trades
* Liaise with and assist the operational team to secure labour, materials and Sub-Contractor to ensure contracts and completed on time & within budget
* Monitor progress on-site and take a lead issuing required notices in accordance with contract procedures and timescales
* Ensure that all quotations are carefully vetted and comply with the specification ensuring that the most competitive bids are obtained
* Preparation of Final Accounts
* Manage subcontractors accounts accurately and effectively to enhance contract
* Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
* Strong and demonstrable Quantity Surveying experience within Civil Engineering projects
If this could be your next challenge, we look forward to hearing from you so that we can tell you much more about this opportunity! We will provide specifics on the role, company and available remuneration package as part of a confidential consultation of your career moving forward
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn