Due to a drive for greater success, this advanced manufacturing business is currently searching for a Propulsion Engineer to add to their talented, hardworking team in Scotstoun on an initial 12-month contract.
Striving for innovation and creativity, you can ensure no two days will be the same. This role will be offering £36.69 per hour inside IR35/Umbrella with flexible 1-2 working arrangements, making it easier for you to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a prestigious, advanced organisation, but to gain skills and knowledge you won't find anywhere else.
Within the role of Propulsion Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Participating in developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need
- Carrying out technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and draft reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability.
- Being familiar with the design of Power and Propulsion systems, and in delivering solutions that meet customer requirements in all phases of the shipbuild cycle. The role holder will be able to perform analyses of engineering issues and possess the ability to recommend solutions.
- Acting as local presentative across all P&P systems as required in local meetings with suppliers or internally as required.
To succeed within the role of Propulsion Engineer, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- Degree qualified in an engineering or other related discipline, although not essential.
- Meet the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer with the Engineering Council and be a member of a relevant Professional Body.
- Experience in Marine Engineering Systems
- Experience in the design, build, integration, support and operation of Naval ships.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Work on long term contracts
- Develop your skills at a prestigious company
- Gain security clearance
APPLY NOW If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Propulsion Engineer, please send your CV via the 'apply now' button.
***[PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!]***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn