Would you like to join an international defence company to support their clients by improving the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets? Due to continued investment, this global business is currently looking for a Project Controls Manager to join their existing team in Bristol (hybrid working) on an initial 6 month contract.
As a Project Controls Manager, you will have an exciting and pivotal role in the successful delivery of our most complex projects and programmes. Within this role, you will lead on the implementation and management of effective project controls measures relating to scope, cost, time, risk and quality. Your responsibilities will include the following but not limited to:
- Establish/maintain or adhere to the specific PC governance, processes and procedures across the project and in accordance with the related customer contract (where relevant).
- Establish the Performance Measurement Baseline position in terms of scope/cost/schedule and the ongoing governance control of these.
- Manage scheduling staff to develop, manage, revise, and analyse integrated project schedules including all phases of project execution, including contract partnerships and relevant sub-suppliers.
- Establish a reliable and accurate Earned Value Management (EVM) system, and on-going generation and interrogation of earned value reports to enable reporting to be completed in accordance with the contract and the enable to project and/or programme manager to make informed decisions.
In addition, you will also provide weekly and monthly Project Progress and Metrics Reports as appropriate for the project.
To succeed within the role of a Project Controls Manager you'll have experience in a similar position and have the following skills:
- A Bachelor's degree in either Engineering/Project/Business & Leadership or other related field or APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) and APM Project Planning & Controls - Practitioner
- Experience in project controls on complex/major projects or programmes
- Knowledge of project controls approaches and practices, such as planning / scheduling management, cost management, risk management and analysis, performance management (i.e. EVM), change management and configuration control.
- Experience in working with common project controls toolsets, such as MSP / P6, RiskHive, ERP / SAP systems etc
Please note that due to security nature of this role, offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining SC security clearance. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and will require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Improve work-life balance
- Be appreciated and valued
- Increase earning potential
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!