Would you like to join an international defence company to support their clients by improving the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets? Due to continued investment, this global business is currently looking for a Project Controls Manager to join their existing team in Plymouth (hybrid working) on a contract basis.
As a Project Controls Manager, you will be part of an energetic and diverse team working to challenging timescales to deliver one of the biggest transformation programmes in defence in the UK. Your responsibilities will include the following but not limited to:
- Develop/baseline and maintain the Project integrated schedule (Level 1-3)
- Develop and maintain Project Risk & Opportunity registers and manage the mitigation actions
- Implementation of change management process on the project and assurance of alignment with the business/contractual requirements
- Provision of weekly and monthly performance reports and associated analysis/narrative
- Ensuring that the schedule is cost loaded in line with the Baseline budgets
In addition, you will also be the key point of contact with the client regarding change control and manage the project change register and associated impact assessments.
To succeed within the role of a Project Controls Manager you'll have experience in a similar position and have the following skills:
- A Bachelor's degree in either Engineering/Project/Business & Leadership or other related field
- APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ)
- APM Project Planning & Controls - Practitioner
- Knowledge of project controls approaches and practices, such as planning / scheduling management, cost management, risk management and analysis, performance management (i.e. EVM), change management and configuration control.
Please note that due to security nature of this role, offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining SC security clearance. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and will require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Improve work-life balance
- Be appreciated and valued
- Increase earning potential
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!