Would you like to join an international defence company to support their clients by improving the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets? Due to continued investment, this global business is currently looking for a Principal Welding Engineer to join their existing team in Plymouth (mostly remote working) on a 12 month contract.
The Welding Engineering team provides SME support across the wider business units and sites with involvement in a diverse range of scopes from research projects and production activities through to operational/field repairs. As a Principal Welding Engineer, your responsibilities will include the following but not limited to:
- Complete of audits against external sub-contractor against ISO 3834-2 and company processes
- Work in conjunction with company's Weld Quality Management System (ISO3834-2) to ensure quality practises are abided by.
- Department representative on sub-contracting projects to give welding support.
- The authoring of technical engineering reports/proposals for bespoke welding techniques utilising materials knowledge.
In addition, you will also review of sub-contractor's quality systems to ensure the department maintains a high quality of welding throughout the site.
To succeed within the role of a Principal Welding Engineer you'll have experience in a similar position and have the following skills:
- Chartered Engineer
- Masters degree in relevant engineering discipline
- IWE/EWE Diploma
Please note that due to security nature of this role, applicants must be a British National and be capable of holding NNPI, PSA and Atomic security clearances.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Improve work-life balance
- Be appreciated and valued
- Increase earning potential
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!