Would you like to join an international defence company to support their clients by improving the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets? Due to continued investment, this global business is currently looking for a Principal Scheduler to join their existing team in Plymouth (hybrid working) on an initial 12 month contract.
As a Principal Scheduler, you will be part of an energetic and diverse team working to challenging timescales to deliver one of the biggest transformation programmes in defence in the UK. Your responsibilities will include the following but not limited to:
- Be the focal point and project lead on all matters relating to scheduling on the assigned project
- To create and maintain a single view "Plan on a page" Key Date Schedule (KDS) for assigned project.
- Develop, maintain, monitor and control a project schedule for the relevant platform in Upkeep.
In addition, you will also liaise with the appropriate subject matter experts to ensure logical sequencing of activities within the schedule and support additional project planning initiatives such as dedicated 3rd level schedules and Critical Path Analysis.
To succeed within the role of a Principal Scheduler, you'll have experience in a similar position and have the following skills:
- APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ)
- APM Project Planning & Controls - Practitioner
- Educated to ONC/OND, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Primavera P6 Fundamentals/Advanced/qualifications such as Resourcing or Risk
Please note that due to security nature of this role, offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining SC security clearance. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and will require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Improve work-life balance
- Be appreciated and valued
- Increase earning potential
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!