Would you like to join an international defence company to support their clients by improving the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets? Due to continued investment, this global business is currently looking for a Principal Safety Engineer to join their existing team in Plymouth (hybrid working) on a 12 month contract.
As a Principal Safety Engineer, you will be part of the Nuclear Safety Engineering Team and your responsibilities will include the following but not limited to:
- To prepare appropriate Hazard Identification and Safety Assessment documentation, as required by the Plant/Project Manager, relevant to specific Plant, Processes or Modifications, in accordance with agreed standards as determined by relevant Legislation, associated compliance documents and Company Guidance. Acceptable standards are judged by the relevant safety committee(s) followed by regulatory approval where appropriate.
- To identify the need for remedial action or additional technical/safety justifications and agree with the DSM or P/SE the programme of work to be carried out.
- To provide advice to the Plant/Project Manager on the implementation and maintenance of safety cases and the implementation of LC/AC.
To succeed within the role of a Principal Safety Engineer, you'll have experience in a similar position and have the following skills:
- Level 6 STEM qualification, Or L5 qualification with substantial relevant experience.
- Understands the concepts and principles in a generalist subject area; designs, develops or contributes to determination of solutions to problems and issues in a generalist subject area.
- Able to work on a range of engineering problems involving some complexity.
Please note that due to security nature of this role, offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining SC security clearance. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and will require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Improve work-life balance
- Be appreciated and valued
- Increase earning potential
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!