Principal Engineer Systems & Transversal
Devonport Dock Yard (Hybrid)
£50-70 an hour Umbrella Inside IR35
12 Month Contract initially.
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UK's leading Defence organisations based In Devonport.
Main focus of the role:-
The primary purpose of the role is to ultimately assist and support the Design Manager in the delivery of project scope. This will include the likes of the following;
- Provide leadership in the delivery of DSR updates through the application of process, domain knowledge and experience.
- Develop, lead and manage one or more technical packages agreeing project related objectives, managing performance and making appropriate technical management responses. Provide Subject Matter Expert advice as per discipline.
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
- Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project's technical planning process.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance with Babcock's Business Management System and Technical Manual.
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied
The candidate must have;
- Understanding of multi-disciplinary engineering activities through design, implementation and operation with a core focus on safety
- Understanding of the regulations around Nuclear Licenced Sites
- Knowledge of M&E building services design and installation
- Knowledge of Civil/Structural construction techniques employed for Nuclear Safety related facilities.
- Updating and authoring of technical documentation in support of the nuclear safety case(s).
- Understanding of the PRS process
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
- Sound project specification & planning experience
- Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures.
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
- Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities
- The candidate will have a degree or equivalent in relevant engineering related discipline.
- Preferably Chartered Engineer status and member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council at CEng level.
For more information please contact Lauren Morley at JAM Recruitment or click apply.