Due to a drive for greater success, this advanced manufacturing business is currently searching for a Principal Engineer - Production Engineering to add to their talented, hardworking team in Barrow - LA14 1AF on an initial 12-month contract.
Striving for innovation and creativity you can ensure no two days will be the same. This role will be offering £65.98 per hour.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a prestigious, advanced organisation, but to gain skills and knowledge you won't find anywhere else.
Within the role of Principal Engineer - Production Engineering, you'll be responsible for:
- Undertaking and defining functional design and/or provide specialist advice and qualification of their scope of responsibility and provide evidence for acceptance and fitness for purpose.
- Obtaining confirmation beyond reasonable doubt by review, surveillance and audit that those assumptions, underpinning engineering data, analysis methodologies, and interpretation of results have been validated, assisting to define the requirements therein.
- Producing and defining evidence in support of qualification, legislative requirements and safety justifications and provide specialist support for associated activities.
- Leading the identification and rapid closure of issues emerging from all product lifecycle stages and to manage the resulting change embodiment activities.
To succeed within the role of Principal Engineer - Production Engineering, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- A comprehensive understanding of the manufacturing, assembly, lifting, handling and installation processes used within the business.
- Expert knowledge of the facility and site restrictions which apply to the shipping, handling, alignment and installation of hull units, large equipment and structures
- Lead the production of concept drawings, layouts and other technical outputs consistent with the contractual requirements to meet target dates and budget demands (Delivery to time, quality and budget).
- Expert knowledge of specific regulations and requirements, above and beyond that used within BAE Systems i.e. LOLER, codes of compliance, Euro codes, weld specifications, geometric tolerancing.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Work on long term contracts
- Develop your skills at a prestigious company
- Gain security clearance
APPLY NOW If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Principal Engineer - Production Engineering, please send your CV via the 'apply now' button.
***[PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!]***