Location: Plymouth (Hybrid)
Duration: 12 Months Intially
Rate: £45 - £60 umbrella per hour
Secuirty: Must hold SC or be elgiable to go through Security Clearance process)
To manage the delivery of CAD modelling, drawings and design work (from in-house and outsourced CAD resources) to the required standards, ensuring consistency across 14 Dock Readiness scope and with 15 Dock and SDDP scopes also.
Responsible for defining a CAD Strategy to ensure all design works are appropriately controlled and governing the presentation of design information in accordance with modern CAD standards as appropriate.
- Develop requirements and guidance for production of CAD design information for 14 Dock Readiness Programme. Author CAD Strategy in accordance with wider MIP / Babcock CAD standards (14 Dock Readiness is not a BIM Project but all design works shall be conducted in Autodesk 3D modelling software, in accordance with appropriate modern standards, such that BIM compliance could be achieved with minimal additional effort).
- Assist Engineering Leads in production of SOWs for outsourced design support, providing input to CAD design requirements. Assist in technical review of tender returns, pertaining to CAD design information.
- Lead in-house CAD design works and review outsourced CAD design documentation to ensure that all CAD design is produced to agreed standards. Provide Subject Matter Expert advice regarding CAD design.
- Provision of CAD Design / Engineering services to the 14 Dock Readiness in-house team for the production of ad-hoc design models and drawings.
- Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project's technical planning process.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance with Babcock's Business Management System and Technical Manual.
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
A degree, HND or equivalent in an appropriate engineering discipline. Chartered / Incorporated Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear and/or marine system knowledge.
- Design of heavy civil engineering and building structures and/or Mechanical, Electrical or Nuclear Process systems and components; particular experience in dock SSCs preferred
- Knowledge of architectural design of industrial buildings
- Knowledge of building services design and installation
- Knowledge of construction techniques employed for Nuclear Safety related structures and buildings.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and quality control methodologies employed for Nuclear Safety related systems
- Knowledge of modelling and design techniques and application thereof to modern design standards.
- Experienced in 3D CAD modelling with Autodesk software (REVIT, Inventor, AutoCAD 3D) plus Navisworks.
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle
- Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
- Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience
- Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures.
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
- Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn