A truly innovative data centre operator with over 100 sites across Europe is looking for a Director of Network Development. This permanent and individual contributor role has been created to support the next stage of the company's growth and is, ideally, London based with some home working, although a fully remote role will be considered for an ideal candidate.
As their Director of Network Development you'll be responsible for building partnerships with UK & Ireland focussed Internet Service Providers (ISP) and Network Service Providers (NSP) in order to build the interconnection ecosystem and to support the requirements of customers. The employer's team works closely with creative engineers to help design and develop technologies that improve speed and reliability to the world's leading edge infrastructure stack. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Identify key interconnection partners to enable and support development of the edge ecosystem
- Understand hyperscale platforms network infrastructure and their interplay with ISP and NSP
- Understand the interconnection models and their impact upon the edge ecosystem
- Define and maintain a partnership model including interconnection models
- Partner with identified ISP and NSP to ensure a scalable interconnection model including both fibre and IP infrastructure
To succeed in the role of VP of Director of Network Development you'll come from a network engineering background and have a strong understanding of the UK and Ireland telecoms market. Your industry knowledge will include
- Experience building strategic relationships at ISPs and / or NSPs
- Data centres and cloud platforms.
- Internet interconnection ecosystem and technologies.
- Design, implementation and project management of network infrastructure including fibre, WDM and IP systems
Package and how to apply...
In return for your skills, you'll receive a salary of up to £140,000 plus 20% bonus and 10% matching pension. This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in being considered please email me your CV via the "Apply Now" button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn