Would you like to join a global aerospace organisation and work with cutting edge technology where you will play a key role in bringing innovative electric aircraft to life?
Due to a drive for greater success, this advanced manufacturing business is currently searching for a Mechanical Engineer - Landing Gear to add to their talented, hardworking team on an initial 6 month contract. Striving for innovation and creativity you can ensure no two days will be the same. Remote working is possible and the hourly rate is negotiable.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a prestigious, advanced organisation, but to gain skills and knowledge you will not find anywhere else.
As a Mechanical Engineer - Landing Gear, you will be part of an interdisciplinary IPT (Integrated Project Team) responsible for but not limited to:
- The design the landing gear and aircraft structure in concert with other engineering groups and departments
- Assist in the development of manufacturing, integration, and test processes and procedures
- Support the system development from concept to production, resolving any design, manufacturing and assembly issues along the way
In addition, you will also define and manage requirements and create certification related documentation.
To succeed within the role of Mechanical Engineer - Landing Gear, you will have minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in a similar role in the Aerospace Industry and have the following skills:
- Extensive experience with landing gear design is required
- Experience in testing and V&V activities is required, special experience in landing gear testing would be beneficial
- Advanced knowledge of ISO GPS (alternatively ASME GD&T) and a CAD system (Siemens NX preferred) is required
In addition, basic knowledge with PDM/PLM systems (Teamcenter or equivalent) and strong hand calculations abilities and FEA experience would be highly regarded.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Improve work-life balance
- Be appreciated and valued
- Increase earning potential
- Learn new skills
- Gain opportunity to influence
- Clear goals & direction
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn