Would you like to solve some of the most interesting design challenges in the defence industry today? Due to continued investment, this global business is currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join their existing team in Warrington, Manchester (hybrid working) on a 12 month contract.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will have a role that's out of the ordinary. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Promote effective co-operation across Engineering and other functional teams
- Assist in effective management of the customer, through interfacing with customers and supply chain on design issues and assist with procurement specifications
- Ensure procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities.
- Ensure task and project risks are communicated appropriately 5. Contribute to Product Safety Assessment process
- Provide a technical interface with internal and external stakeholders at a detailed level
- Carry out technical investigations and analysis to provide data for problem assessment/resolution and for design of improvements
- Contribute to process improvement within the operational and/or design lifecycle to deliver continuous improvements in quality, cycle time and asset utilisation
- Apply engineering domain knowledge to produce technical solutions and documentation in support of assigned task and project
- Produce, review, verify outputs including: calculations, analyses, technical reports, technical specifications and method statements
- Ensure appropriate review, verification and approval is undertaken on work performed
- Plan, deliver and monitor assigned tasks and projects, ensuring requirements are delivered to time, quality and cost
- Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working, and their development.
- Provide support to the Project Manager for the planning, control and delivery of tasks and projects
- Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority
- May act as Technical Authority or Engineering Lead when authorised to do so
- Ensure application of highest standards for health and safety in immediate area of responsibility and ensure all team members across engineering co-operate with respect to company standards about matters on health, safety and environment, ethics and behaviours
- Keep up to date in relevant technical areas and develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide effective delivery. Maintain knowledge of Industry best practice, promote a culture of engineering best practice, support in driving cultural development and change
- Contribute to learning from experience (LfE). requirement, during and post project
- Support business development opportunities in raising the Cavendish Nuclear profile via presentations, academic links, conferences & technical papers, and identify opportunities and new work streams
To succeed within the role of a Mechanical Engineer, you'll have experience in a similar position and have the following skills:
- Engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) in relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience
- Experience in working collaboratively in multi-discipline teams to deliver activities on a range of project types
- Demonstrable experience in covering a variety of tasks
In addition, you should also have extensive experience in Design for Manufacture, ideally including Additive Manufacturing techniques.
Please note that due to security nature of this role, we can only consider those who have lived in the UK in the last 5 years and is eligible for SC clearance.