Would you like to join a market leading organisation? Due to continued investment, this global business is currently looking for a Linux/LIX Specialist to support their existing team in Havant on an initial 6 month contract.
As a Linux/LIX Specialist, you will:
- Perform day to day management and support of AIX, Linux, and SAN platforms in operational, test, and development environments
- Plan, prepare, implement, validate, and document all changes to AIX, Linux, environments
- Troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, and implement resolution of AIX and Linux related incidents
In addition, you must be prepared to provide on-call support in a 24x7 environment (on a rota basis). Shift allowance will be paid on top of standard weekly hours.
To succeed within the role of Linux/AIX Specialist, you'll have experience in a similar position, and have the following skills:
- Minimum 5+ years experience implementing and supporting complex AIX environments In addition, you should also have experience of relational database design and SQL.
- Good networking knowledge (e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet, fibre channel, SAN experience)
- An in-depth knowledge of:
- AIX Power series hardware and AIX Operating systems
- Red Hat Linux Operating System (including Centos)
- Disk systems including SSA and SAN technologies
- Kafka architecture and support
- Zabbix monitoring platform
In addition, you should also have experience of performance monitoring and tuning of operating system and hardware and foundation level of BIG data systems. Please note that due to security nature of this role, successful candidate must be SC clearance.
If this role is not of interest to yourself, but you know of someone who could be, JAM operates a referral scheme. You can earn yourself £200 in vouchers for the successful placement of a candidate you recommend to us. More details about our referral scheme can be found by visiting https://www.jamrecruitment.co.uk/candidate-refer-a-friend
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn