Our client is looking for a Lead Safety Engineer, working within the Design Integrity organisation and with safety specialists across the Electronics Division in the UK. You'll support the Design Authority to assure safety of products within the Land and Naval and Detectors domains.
You will provide assurance that products comply with Safety, Environmental and Legislative requirements, primarily within the land, naval and airborne domains.
Working with other safety specialists, you will play an active role in maintaining and enhancing the Product Safety and Environmental Impact Management System, which is integral to Design Integrity.
What you will do
Reporting to the Chief Engineer Design Integrity you will provide:
- Assurance that Product Plans will achieve contractual and company requirements;
- Assurance that requirements have been adequately defined for product development;
- Assurance that claims, arguments and evidence for products are robust.
You will :
Operate as the Safety signatory on behalf of the company
Participate in Product Safety Panels as a specialist advisor to manage and resolve safety incidents;
Maintain an up to date knowledge of safety and environmental legislation and customer needs;
Participate in company working groups to monitor proposed changes to the legislative environment;
As a practitioner, provide input and advice to the product development teams;
Operate as a consultant to promote safety culture working with Safety, Health and Environmental teams to ensure safe working practices are maintained;
Develop and deliver training courses and speak with confidence on Product Safety and Environmental matters;
Perform safety audits of internal and external/subcontract teams assuring that safety and environmental requirements are achieved.
You really must have:
- Working knowledge of Legislation - eg REACH, RoHS and EU directives;
- Working knowledge of industry standards such as DEF STAN 00-056, 00-055, 00-051;
- Familiarity with POSMS and POEMS
- Regularly delivered training within a Company and delivered awareness presentations to other groups. Has worked with others to identify the future Product Safety and Environmental needs of a Company;
- Awareness of cyber and its affect on safety;
- Has hands-on experience of developing robust safety and environmental impact case reports for complex systems in accordance with customer, regulatory and legislative expectations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a wide range of technical and operational topics.
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience of MIL-STD-882, EN 61508 RTCA DO-254 and RTCA DO-178C or similar;
- Experience of working with the external stakeholders to understand the concept of operations for products, in order to understand the functional safety/hazards and define/agree the appropriate mitigations;
- Ability to identify and deliver alternate/innovative ways to manage safety, including ensuring buy-in from key regulatory bodies;
- Active membership of an external safety specialist group
- Familiarity with the principles of incident investigation and
knows how to implement an investigation process;
For more information and to apply contact Chris Hill at JAM Recruitment
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn