Would you like to join a global aviation & aerospace organisation?
Due to continued investment, this leading-edge manufacturing business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for a Laboratory Manager to join their growing team in Pitstone on a 6 month contract.
Within the role of Laboratory Manager, you'll be responsible for:
- Manages the Test, Means and Laboratory team
- Defining the overall testing schedule for programmes. Ensuring all Test and V&V activities carried out by the team are effectively communicated, planned for and delivered on time and on cost.
- Responsible for managing the EMC, Electronic and Engineering Test Laboratory ensuring that they are maintained, calibrated and developed to ensure the testing capabilities can support current and future products in line with the overall V&V Strategy.
In addition, you'll also ensure the successful delivery of Work Packages for Machine and Drive Systems Test activities, but will also include similar deliverables for Product Support, Operations, etc. from time to time.
To succeed within the role of Laboratory Manager, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- Extensive experience in an appropriate Engineering V&V environment (or a relevant Engineering qualification).
- Extensive experience in facility and HSE management in a similar environment (e.g. a Test House)
- Capability to build credibility with stakeholders and work effectively with multi-discipline teams (Systems & Control, R&T, Product Design, Electromechanical Engineering, TLS / Manufacturing Engineering), demonstrating the ability to work collaboratively.
In addition, you should also have proven people management & leadership skills with significant experience in managing a large group of engineers, or large projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Work on long term contracts
- Develop your skills
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn