Programme Nelson is a key digital transformation initiative within the Royal Navy (RN). Known as the RN's digital lab, Nelson comprises of a Rainbow team of technical specialists and digital innovators working closely with the RN and contractor partners to provide a series of agile software products.
Navy Digital Deployed (NDD) is a programme of work to design, procure, test and commission a system to host the Nelson software products on 3 classes of Complex Warship for the RN.
The programme needs an Equipment Technical Authority (ETA) for the Infrastructure. This role is responsible for signing off the physical infrastructure aspects associated with the NDD on behalf of the programme. Note that this is a client side role and you will be delegated engineering signoff responsibility on behalf of the Navy, not on behalf of ourselves.
- Ensuring safety, security and performance to the Service Contract's baseline standards
- Managing configurations of the operational capability baselines
- Enacting changes to the capability baselines
- Maintaining safety and security documentation
- Providing assurance that the equipment meets the design intent
- Identify opportunities for improvement of equipment design
- Make both proactive and reactive decisions about design and maintenance intent of the equipment
Qualifications, Experience and Prerequisites
- All ETA roles are senior Navy Digital roles, which are to be met by Suitably Qualified and Experienced Personnel
- Each ETA role will report into an assigned Navy hiring manager
- Each ETA role must have a minimum of 10 years experience within a field relevant to the role
- Each ETA role must normally be a Chartered Engineer with an appropriate Professional Institution
- The role holder will be required to acknowledge acceptance of the ETA Technical Scope associate with their role and acceptance of the ETA responsibilities
This is a contract role Inside IR35
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
How to apply:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn