Would you like to join a global Aerospace and Defence organisation? Do you want to play a key part in protecting the lives and futures of others? Due to continued investment, this leading-edge business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for an Electro-Mechanical Engineer to join their growing team in Cheadle (Cheshire) on an initial 6 month contract.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Within the role of Electro-Mechanical Engineer, you'll be responsible for but not limited to:
- Develop and agree a development plan with the team leader and then take responsibility for following the development plan and requesting assistance as needed.
- Carry out design activities in a team environment with other engineers.
- Work collaboratively with production and procurement to produce cost effective, easy to manufacture design solutions.
In addition, you will also provide support to the preparation of detailed estimates and bids and provide off-site support as required.
To succeed within the role of Electro-Mechanical Engineer, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- General Electronic Engineering Skills and ability.
- General understanding of Engineering Development lifecycles.
- Microsoft Office suite experience.
In addition, you should also have strong demonstrated experience of Electrical/Electronic Design roles including at least a subset of the following:
- Packaging of electronics and associated cabling.
- Designing for platform installation. Ship / submarine.
- Network Design / Programming.
- Providing support to the preparation of design requirements.
- Preparation of system and sub system production test specs.
- Use of simulation tools to analyse and predict performance of designs.
- Use of PCB schematical design tools (cadence desirable).
Due to the nature of this role, successful candidate must be eligible for SC security clearance.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Increase earning potential
- Develop your skills
- Be appreciated and valued
- Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn