Would you like to join a global company to work on a Defence project? Due to continued investment, we are currently seeking a highly organised and motivated Hardware Engineer to join our client's proactive and innovative team in Newport.
As a Hardware Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Specifying, performing and documenting electronics hardware design for allocated elements of the product design architecture, by:
- Specifying hardware architectures and solutions to problem statements.
- Performing in-house electronics design for allocated area of responsibility.
- Adequately documenting the design for allocated area of responsibility.
- Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists).
- The Senior Hardware Engineer will be responsible to the Head of Hardware Engineering for executing allocated electronics hardware design work packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
- Conduct internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development lifecycle.
In addition, you will be responsible for customer liaison, by representing Client on project related technical matters at stakeholder meetings.
To succeed within the role of a Hardware Engineer, you'll have experience in a similar position and have the following skills:
- Extensive experience of digital design and implementation for data/voice communications equipment or equivalent using high speed microprocessor, memory, FPGA and CPLD components.
- Proven capability to design high-speed electronic equipment that is CE compliant with EMC, Safety and RoHS criteria.
- Familiar with high speed digital design standards and techniques.
In addition, you will also have a good understanding of requirements capture and of work package definition and estimation.
Please note that due to security nature of this role, successful candidate must be eligible for SC clearance.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn