Would you like to join a global Aerospace and Defence organisation? Do you want to play a key part in protecting the lives and futures of others? Due to continued investment, this leading-edge business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for a Hardware Architect to join their growing team in Cheadle (Cheshire) on an initial 6 month contract.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Within the role of Hardware Architect, you'll be responsible for the hardware architecture and its consistency with the solution/system architecture. They coordinate with the solution Architect and PDA in order to make sure that the top down refinement of the solution is consistent with the hardware strategy and constraints including COTS selection and components reuse.
Your key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensures that hardware architecture stability is maintained across lifecycle phases from Bid to Delivery;
- Guarantees adherence to in-scope standards, reuse policy and product development plans;
- Prepares the Design & Justification Files;
In addition, you will also approve the technical, technological, and methodological choices taken in respect of the selected hardware architecture and monitors technological developments.
To succeed within the role of Hardware Architect, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- Level 6 Qualification in a hardware engineering related discipline e.g. BEng(Hons) Electronic or Mechanical Engineering
- Evidence of the ability to architecturally design a solution in line with requirements, including the ability to derive high level requirements
- Knowledge of the Chorus 2.0 Design, Develop and Qualify the Solution (Hardware) Process Lifecycle, or equivalent ISO9001 compliant engineering management system
In addition, knowledge of Lean & Agile Development techniques and model based solution design experience would be highly regarded.
Please note that successful candidate must be eligible for SC security clearance.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Increase earning potential
- Develop your skills
- Be appreciated and valued
- Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn