Lead Flight Controls/ Guidance, Navigation and Controls Engineer
Remote - North America
Direct Hire Role
Working in partnership with a start-up committed to transforming the skies to better serve humanity. They are focused on the Logistics industry and the way it moves!
Who are they?
Working in partnership with a fantastic and growing autonomous cargo aircraft business, we are helping them expand their GNC/ Flight Controls team. The HQ is based in San Francisco but you have a unique offering to work remotely 100% of the time, with travel for flight testing and corporate events to the HQ.
In this role:
- You'll be responsible for planning and leading the design, implementation and test of flight control algorithms.
- You'll provide technical leadership and guidance to the internal stakeholders.
- Mentor new teammates and build a great team of developers.
- You'll own the application of model-based techniques to optimize the control laws for stability and performance characteristics.
- You'll be the key architect and support the implementation of autopilot software.
- Develop simulations of the aircrafts entire flight envelope using CFD predictions and physics-based modelling techniques.
- Hands on experience with design, implementation, and deployment of GNC algorithms on large scale aerial platforms.
- Experience building, leading and mentoring team of engineers (ideally 2 years +)
- Aerial Systems Experience is a must have!
- Strong background in Matlab, Simulink, Python, C++, or similar programming languages
- You must have experience of flight control stability and performance requirement sources - (ADS-33, MIL-F-9490, MIL-STD-1797, etc.)
This is a key role for our team, you will be growing, scaling, and hiring a team at a really great and exciting time in the business.
To find out more and book your call please send your resume to Becky via apply now.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn