Remote (North America)
Full Time / Direct Hire
JAM is working with an autonomous aerial platform business who are building a new aircraft system to change the way the world moves goods. With a great culture, vision, and mission they are focused on bringing innovation to the logistics sector. With an enthusiastic market response and a fantastic partnership with a commercial global aircraft producer this is a fantastic make-your-mark role.
- The design, implementation, verification and deployment of guidance, navigation, and control algorithms for full scale autonomous cargo aircraft.
- The development of linear and non-linear simulations of our aircraft's entire flight envelope using both experimental system identification, CFD predictions, and physics-based modeling techniques.
- Application of proven analysis and model-based design techniques to optimize our control laws for desired stability and performance characteristics.
- The development, implementation, and test of contingency strategies to ensure safe and predictable system response during off-nominal flight conditions.
- Architecting and supporting the implementation of our autopilot software in close collaboration with our avionics and flight software engineers.
- Experimental verification of the developed algorithms by supporting and participating in flight tests.
- Experience designing, implementing and deploying GNC algorithms on large scale aerial platforms
- Experience identifying, modeling and simulating complex, ideally aerial systems
- Strong background in controls analysis
- Experience of Matlab, Simulink, Python and C++
- Familiarity with ADS-33, MIL F9490, MIL STD 1797
- Experience designing the GNC algorithms is essential.
Please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn