Our client in the defence industry is looking for talented engineers with a proven track record delivering complex and challenging projects using the latest technologies to take on an Engineering Team Leader roles within an exciting market leading IT domain.
This role will help lead a large and diverse engineering team to not only sustain an existing portfolio of products, systems and services but to support development and innovation of future products.
As an Engineering Team Leader you will work closely with Project Managers and Technical Managers to both submit compelling bids for work, as well the delivery of customer commitments on time and on budget. You must have the ability, aptitude and confidence to take ownership of engineering plans, processes, budgets and milestones as well as the softer challenging aspects of overseeing a large engineering team.
Your main responsibilities as an Engineering Team Leader may involve some of:
- Providing oversight to engineering teams
- Adherence to business processes and governance
- Supporting the production of compelling bid submissions
- Scheduling and resource management of all major aspects of the programme
- Facilitate the evolution of innovation ideas, prototyping, development, productionising, delivery, support and decommissioning
- Building and performance manage effective teams that embrace change and seek continual improvement
Your skills and qualifications as an Engineering Team Leader:
- Knowledge and understanding of IT and how it can address customer requirements
- Responsible management and leadership
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Professionalism, commitment and continual learning
Understanding of any of,
- MoD contracts and bids
- Military IT, communications , platforms, gateways, networking systems
- Security architectures, system integration, virtualisation, cloud, accreditation
- Integration of systems into military vehicles
- Acceptance, trials, demonstrations and delivery processes
This is a contract role Inside IR35
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
How to apply:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn