Our client builds, tests, and commissions the most advanced submarines ever operated by the Royal Navy, as well as their state of the art combat systems and equipment. Part of the Dreadnought Alliance alongside partners Rolls Royce and the Submarine Delivery Agency, the project is the biggest defence project underway in the UK today involving new levels of innovation, technology and collaboration.
We are looking for talented engineers with a proven track record delivering complex and challenging projects using the latest technologies to take on an Engineering Team Leader roles within an exciting market leading IT domain. This role will help lead a large and diverse engineering team to not only sustain an existing portfolio of products, systems and services but to support development and innovation of future products.
As an Engineering Team Leader you will work closely with Project Managers and Technical Managers to both submit compelling bids for work, as well the delivery of customer commitments on time and on budget. You must have the ability, aptitude and confidence to take ownership of engineering plans, processes, budgets and milestones as well as the softer challenging aspects of overseeing a large engineering team.
Your skills and qualifications as an Engineering Team Leader:
- Knowledge and understanding of IT and how it can address customer requirements
- Responsible management and leadership
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Professionalism, commitment and continual learning
Understanding of any of,
- MoD contracts and bids
- Military IT, communications , platforms, gateways, networking systems
- Security architectures, system integration, virtualisation, cloud, accreditation
- Integration of systems into military vehicles
- Acceptance, trials, demonstrations and delivery processes
What we're looking for in you:
- Ability to demonstrate leadership behaviours
- Recent experience of delivering complex systems and services
- Team management and leadership
- Flexibility to travel within UK
Ideally you will have a strong engineering background with a minimum of 10+ years in the Defence industry.
Fore more information and to apply please contact Chris Hill at JAM Recruitment
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn