A leading manufacturer of engineered devices for the UK medical device sector are now hiring for an Embedded Software Engineer to join their team near Stratford-upon-Avon on a permanent basis. This role will offer a hybrid model of remote and office-based work, a negotiable salary bracket, annual bonus and pension schemes. Are potentially open to a conversation about new opportunities?
The successful Embedded Software Engineer will be part of a team responsible for:
- Production of effective documental stack satisfying applicable norms, standards and internal QMS.
- Production of fully implemented and successfully tested software functionalities, covering all the required steps of the software development life-cycle (e.g. impact analysis, code reviews).
- Test and document the correct operation of the software system by executing the required activities (e.g. automated builds, unit tests).
- Rapid resolution of anomalies in conjunction with other team members.
- Support triaging process for prioritisation and characterisations of anomalies with a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Facilitate trend analysis to identify priorities in problem resolution plan.
- Assist with the mentoring of junior colleagues.
- Report, progress and escalate any issues and propose product evolution or product improvements to leads and manager with the appropriate level of detail.
To be considered for this position, your application should demonstrate a strong background in embedded software engineering, using real-time software to control electronic / mechanical systems. Ideally you will also have previous exposure to the medical device sector (IEC 62304), however applicants from other safety critical industries such as nuclear, marine or aerospace & defence will still be of interest.
From a technical perspective, working knowledge of Embedded C is essential, while any proficiency with Python, C++ and C#.net would be beneficial. You'll also need to show knowledge of Real-Time programming principles and use of Real-Time Operating Systems (e.g. VxWorks, RTOS). In addition, the role will require experience using software development toolchains and techniques for creating, debugging, maintaining software for microcontrollers and microprocessors.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn