A well-known manufacturer of consumer electromechanical products based near Cheltenham are recruiting for an Electronics Engineer on a permanent basis. They are especially interested in hearing from applicants who have recently graduated or who are due to graduate this year (or with relevant HNC/HND qualifications), as well as engineers who have 1-2 years' experience who are ready to advance their career. The role will are offer between £25,000 - £35,000 p/a, with the company's overall package including annual bonus, benefits and pension contribution.
Reporting to Electronics Engineering Manager, you'll be taking a supporting role in the embedded software and hardware engineering design activities, through the full product lifecycle from conception to product launch and beyond. You'll help to conceive/develop early prototypes through to final design and validation testing within NPD (New Product Development) projects, complementing and assisting with the work undertaken by other senior engineers. Alongside design and layouts of PCBs, the roles will also entail helping to identify and diagnose software/hardware faults and work to resolve them with guidance from senior engineers, as well as troubleshooting assembly issues on production lines.
The key responsibilities for the role are:
* Assisting with the development of design solutions for new projects and existing product improvements.
* Assisting with the hardware design of embedded electronics systems using a variety of existing and advancing technologies but primarily focussed around microprocessors, power supplies, sensor interfacing, power systems control (relays, triacs, stepper motors, etc.) and user interfaces.
* Supporting the development and testing of embedded control and communication firmware (C), PC application software (C#) and mobile apps for our connected products.
* Participating in the engineering design activity within an NPD project team, providing support to other engineers.
* Assisting with the raising of and evaluation of concessions and engineering changes etc.
* Helping to deliver technical solutions for new products that are cost-effective, reliable and durable and ensuring that verification testing activities for products in accordance with qualification test programs and deadlines are completed.
The successful applicants for the position will have demonstrable Electronics design knowledge from a relevant HNC/HND/degree qualification or similar work experience, but may have little to no practical product design experience. They will have an interest in consumer electronics and a willingness to learn, inquisitive mind and able to pick up new skills quickly.
Some key requirements for the role are:
* A good awareness of 8/16/32-bit microcontrollers (familiarity with ST/Atmel/Microchip products would be advantageous).
* Basic awareness/considerations for circuit design and PCB layout.
* Some level of experience in C coding skills.
* Awareness of EMC compliance testing for Europe and the rest of the world.
* An appreciation of the design of electro-mechanical products/mechanisms would be desirable.
* Self-motivated, ability to work alone or as part of a small team.
* Excellent attention to detail with good communication skills.
* A can-do attitude with a willingness and desire to learn and develop Electronic engineering skills
If you'd like to hear more, please apply with your latest CV, any queries you may have and when might be a good time to arrange a call. If you are not currently on the market or feel this role is suited to somebody that you know, then JAM operates a referral scheme that offers £200 in vouchers following the successful placement of anyone you refer to us.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn