Electrical/Electronic Design Engineer
Up to £70 per hour - 37 hours per week
Bristol - 1 day per week on site
6 month initial contract
Are you a contractor who's available to start a new contract in the next few weeks? Have you got experience working in highly regulated industries such as Defence, Nuclear, Marine or Oil & Gas? If so…please read on.
You will be developing an electrical control system that will be used to control the hydraulic flow through a positional valve. A design is to be produced that replaces an existing legacy product. Completing the design will involve:
* Generation of all circuit schematics that support production
* Enclosure design that meets Environmental Requirements and EMC
* Creating Test Plans & procedures to meet Functional Testing and Environmental Qualification
* Hands-on development work and later testing of the designed equipment
* Ensuring the technical drawing pack and supporting documentation is up to date.
* Reviewing documents and drawings for accuracy and errors.
Essential skillset required:
- Experience of Relay Logic and Analogue Control circuitry.
- Experience with electrical systems on submarine and/or surface ships would be an advantage, but general electrical/electronics would also be suitable.
- Familiarity with Safety Integrity Levels and BS EN 61508
- Assessment of Availability, Reliability and Maintainability Requirements
- Hydraulic control system experience (desirable).
- Familiarity with AutoCAD Electrical for generating and checking electrical circuit diagrams (desirable).
- Experience of Document Management Systems - ideally Teamcenter and Vault (desirable).
If this sounds like a good fit for you please get in touch with Kate Blackwell at JAM Recruitment as soon as possible.