Would you like to join an international defence company to support their clients by improving the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets? Due to continued investment, this global business is currently looking for an Electrical Designer to join their existing team in Plymouth on a 36 week contract.
As an Electrical Designer, you will report to the Principal Designer and you will work within a team of Electrical Designers who support numerous and varied projects. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Prepare & produce drawings throughout design lifecycle and in line with recognised ISO standards to the required time, cost and quality requirements.
- Liaise with colleagues and stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews.
- Interface with customers and supply chain on design issues and assist with procurement specifications.
In addition, you will also assist more senior designers in a range of activities including, production of estimates, maintenance and improvement in standard and quality of outputs, production and test organisations with the compilation of test forms and procedures.
To succeed within the role of an Electrical Designer, you'll have experience in a similar position and have the following skills:
- Hold an ONC (or BTEC Level 3 or higher) in a relevant engineering subject or to hold a suitable qualification with demonstrable knowledge of platform electrical systems, design processes and experience in a design environment.
- Possess a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to discipline.
- Have appropriate CAD skills, written and verbal communication skills and an understanding of risk management.
In addition, you should also have experience in developing close working relationships within the wider technical community including other design, safety and engineering teams as well as Project, System and Platform Technical Authorities.
Please note that due to security nature of this role, offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining SC security clearance. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and will require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Improve work-life balance
- Be appreciated and valued
- Increase earning potential
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!