Do you want to work at the forefront of Technology and Software? Are you interested in supporting solutions in Cyber Security? If so, the following role may be right for you…
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join the existing team in Gloucester on an initial 6 month contract to work supporting Government and Customers in helping them to monitor threats, detect crimes and investigate and prosecute criminals.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Implement security best-practices and recommendations, often through the means of developed services and automation
- Facilitate an effective relationship between third party suppliers and client platform teams
- Take 3rd-line escalation responsibility for applications deployed into a live, production Kubernetes environment
In addition, you will also participate in workstream and project Scrum ceremonies and contribute to refinement of non-functional requirements.
To succeed within the role of DevOps Engineer, you'll have experience in a similar position in the Defence Industry, and you'll have the following skills:
- Experience deploying, running, and troubleshooting distributed systems
- Experience of using AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Fluency in at least one of: python, go, Java
In addition, you should also have good working knowledge of Linux-based operating systems and Shell scripting (bash/sh).
Due to security nature of this role, candidate must have live SC security clearance.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Increase earning potential
- Develop your skills
- Be appreciated and valued
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now as a start date is fast approaching!
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn