Would you like to join an international defence company to support their clients by improving the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets? Due to continued investment, this global business is currently looking for a Design Manager - Building to join their existing team in Plymouth (hybrid working) on a contract basis.
As a Design Manager - Building you will report to the Design and Safety Manager and be part of the Major Infrastructure Projects Business Unit. Your responsibilities will include the following but not limited to:
- Lead and manage the structures packages agreeing project related objectives, managing overall Design Team and Design House designer performance and making appropriate technical management responses.
- Lead the integration of Nuclear Safety into design from Major Nuclear Safety Campaigns.
- Review and confirm that the design documentation covers the scope of work required by the Project Manager and is produced to defined standards, schedule and budget.
In addition, you will also ensure and approve project design and safety approach and implementation is compatible with Design and Safety Policy/Standards including BIM, based on a sound understanding of business/project arrangements.
To succeed within the role of a Design Manager - Building, you'll have experience in a similar position and have the following skills:
- A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
- Technical management of large scale and complex design development throughout the design lifecycle, including knowledge of all technical areas of design process, safety and construction buildability.
- Sound understanding and application of relevant:
- Industry legislation
- Industry Codes and Standards
- Design Engineering Practices
- Design Management (incl. Systems Engineering), planning and budgetary control
- CDM Process Training
- Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements
Please note that due to security nature of this role, offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining SC security clearance. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and will require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Improve work-life balance
- Be appreciated and valued
- Increase earning potential
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!