A company that specialise in special purpose equipment and machinery for the gardening and agricultural industries is seeking to recruit a Design & Development Manager based at their site in Wrexham.
You will be responsible for Solidworks design of a range of equipment from concept through to manufacture. Typical products include plastic injection moulded and machined components, sheet metal, castings and tooling. The successful candidate will be in regular contact with the companies Chinese office and will also need to visit China in order to liaise with suppliers.
This will include Responsibility for the research, design and development of new ideas, products and systems. Ensuring full compliance, through written technical documentation of safety and performance regulations, for both new and existing products (product testing and evaluation to include performance, requirement, reliability, design, and compliance). Ensuring new designs are introduced in accordance with agreed schedules.
Ideal candidates will have a good all round high precision design background. Any experience in working on special purpose consumer product type design projects from concept through to manufacture with an appreciation of aesthetic design would be preferred. Familiarity with Solidworks would be of benefit but isn't essential if you use a different CAD package.
Particularly relevant areas of experience include:
- NPD Life Cycle (New Product Development)
- EPD Life Cycle (Existing Product Development)
- Reverse Engineering "off-the-shelf" Products to improve functionality, suitability & compliance etc.
- Solidworks 2021+ CAD
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Project Management & Planning
- BOM Creation & Management
- Product/Component Costings, including supplier negotiation
- Prototyping, Fabrication & Component Sourcing
- Plastic Injection Moulding & Rotational Moulding
- High Pressure Die Casting
- Sheet Metal
- Testing & Validation Programme Design & Implementation
- Chinese Manufacturing & Supplier Management
For more information on this position please email your CV