Would you like to join a global aerospace and defence organisation? Do you want to work as part of an organisation protecting people and maintaining maximum national security?
Due to a drive for greater success, this advanced manufacturing business is currently searching for a Configuaration Engineer to add to their talented, hardworking team in Southampton on an initial 12 month contract. Striving for innovation and creativity you can ensure no two days will be the same. This role will be offering £48.50 per hour.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a prestigious, advanced organisation, but to gain skills and knowledge you won't find anywhere else.
Within the role of a Configuration Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Managing CM related activates required by the company PDM system (Team Centre)
- Definition of Configuration requirements derived from Customer requirements, Company requirements and emergent properties of the design.
- Liaising with all areas of the business on project CM related issues.
- Producing CM related metrics at project level to feed into CM at a functional level.
In addition, you'll also be reviewing customer CM & PDM requirements; identifying applicable Technical, Physical and Procedural controls and defining associated requirements and authoring Configuration Management plans
To succeed within the role of Configurastion Engineer you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- Highly skilled in the knowledge of CM Management & Planning activities.
- Fully versed with the requirements of international CM & experienced in the development of such through interaction with customers, partners & suppliers.
- Configuration Identification: Highly knowledgeable in configuration identification arena. Able to establish & apply configuration identification activities.
- Capable of generating & communicating the project requirements in line with the project need
- Configuration Change Management: Highly knowledgeable in configuration change management.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Work on long term contracts
- Develop your skills at a prestigious company
- Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Configuration Engineer, please send your CV to the resource centre via the 'apply now' button.
***[PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!]***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn