Due to a drive for greater success, this advanced manufacturing business is currently searching for a Commissioning Engineer to add to their talented, hardworking team in Devonport, Plymouth (5 days on site) on an initial 12-month contract.
Striving for innovation and creativity you can ensure no two days will be the same. This role will be offering £40 to £60 per hour (umbrella, inside IR35).
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a prestigious, advanced organisation, but to gain skills and knowledge you won't find anywhere else.
Within the role of Commissioning Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- To be part of a small team of Engineers within the Commissioning Group (Warships), (DTO) carrying out inspections, testing and diagnostics on HM Warships Marine Systems.
- Liaising with both Royal Navy and Project staff on a daily basis.
- Inspectioning and Testing of Ships systems and equipment's, the work will mainly be on RN Warships but will also support on occasion Landing Craft
- Writing of Test Documentation will also be required at times.
To succeed within the role of Commissioning Engineer, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- Time served Apprenticeship in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- ONC or Equivalent in a Relevant Engineering discipline, a lower level of qualification may be acceptable provided the post holder has substantial and relevant experience.
- Successful applicants will need to satisfy MoD security requirements
- Knowledge of Ship Systems/Equipment's - Type 23/ Type 45 / LPD's and future platforms
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Work on long term contracts
- Develop your skills at a prestigious company
- Gain security clearance
APPLY NOW If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Commissioning Engineer, please send your CV via the 'apply now' button.
***[PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!]***