Would you like to join an international defence company to support their clients by improving the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets? Due to continued investment, this global business is currently looking for a Civil and Structural Engineer, to join their existing team in Plymouth on a long term contract.
You will join part of the wider Facilities Engineering Technical Authority that is responsible for all technical aspects of through life management of the infrastructure across Devonport Royal Dockyard to ensure the wide range of facilities are operational and fit for purpose. As a Civil and Structural Engineer, your responsibilities will include the following but not limited to:
- Providing technical advice.
- Developing new analysis and design solutions.
- Undertaking surveys and inspections of structural assets.
In addition, you will also be overseeing fabrication and construction and preparing technical Scopes and Specifications.
To succeed within the role of a Civil and Structural Engineer, you'll have experience in a similar position and have the following skills:
- You'll be either educated to degree level in Civil, Structural or related engineering discipline, or hold a level 4/5 STEM qualification (HNC/HND) with substantial relevant experience.
- You need to possess good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively with others, including internal stakeholders and customers
- A sound understanding of engineering design both theoretical and practical.
Please note that due to security nature of this role, offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining SC security clearance. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and will require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Improve work-life balance
- Be appreciated and valued
- Increase earning potential
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!