Chief Financial Officer, Hong Kong
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Hong Kong
Salary: HKD 150,000.00 Monthly + Bonus + Benefits
Ref No: AS/76163/GM
The successful candidate will lead the Hong Kong Finance function and act as a business partner and advisor. The role is responsible for the financial operations, technical compliance, commercial advisor as well as acting as the 'Finance Business Manager' for the Regional Banking Practice Group. The other offices in the region have excellent finance functions which are run by senior finance professionals. The role provides high quality, front-line finance support to key groups of stakeholders.
- Financial business partner to the office Managing Partner and wider Partners group, covering all aspects of financial and commercial management.
- A member of the HK office leadership team.
- Financial business manager for the Regional Banking Practice Group.
- A member of the Asia Pacific Finance Leadership Team.
- Collaborating with, and advising on financial matters, other support function Heads.
- Able to prepare and deliver in-depth financial analysis and insightful narrative on the financial and commercial areas of the business for strategic and operational discussions.
- Able to build relationships and influence at the highest levels and present at partner meetings.
- Leader of the Finance team. Direct management responsibility for the function.
- Accountability for all HK statutory and Group compliance requirements (taxes, financial reporting etc), complete and accurate accounting records, local and group IFRS accounts and for all financial processes, controls and procedures. Managing the annual financial audit and year end close process, acting as contact for the external HK auditors and the Group teams.
- Responsible for financial and management and monitoring of financial results and reporting, as well as providing finance business support for the development of the business, managing costs, cash flows and profitability.
- Working with the Partners to maximise of work product profitability from pitching and pricing to facilitating the review and analysis of client/matter profitability
- Drive improvements in working capital management performance and embed best practice
- Cash management including cash forecasts
- Develop and implementation of ideas / initiatives reflecting best practice for a global firm. Ensure that firm-wide initiatives are adopted and implemented effectively, timely and appropriately
- Maintenance of close relationships with practice group heads on finance areas
- Supervision and moderation of the budget and business planning process for the HK office and overview of the Regional Banking practice; ensuring completeness, accuracy, and compliance with business guidance.
- Deliver courses to fee earners to enhance financial awareness and business skills.
- Active member of the Global Finance Community worldwide
- Manage and develop a high performing team with equal focus on technical excellence, professional standards, commercial acumen, excellent service levels and timely delivery.
- Ensure the team are able to adapt to the changing needs of the business and the environment.
- Engage, develop, mentor and motivate staff to meet their potential and the team/firm goals.
- Champion and embed excellence, innovation and a business focus for the team and the wider business community.
- Create a positive work environment that embraces collaboration and the network.
- Continually improve the team operational environment and working practices.
- Seek opportunities to embed cross-training, succession planning and rounded roles.
- Act as mentor to other finance personnel across the region.
- Qualified Accountant (current member of a recognised accounting institution) with significant post qualification experience.
- Strong accounting, tax and treasury skills; experience of working in an international environment.
- High level of intellectual ability and able to credibly influence at the highest levels, be fast-thinking, collaborative and proactive.
- Results driven; a proactive, goal orientated approach to delivery and decision making.
- Resilient and enthusiastic individual who is comfortable working with and challenging senior stakeholders to get the right results.
- Outstanding interpersonal and management skills.
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
- Clear written and verbal communications explaining complex issues both to financial and non-financial stakeholders
- Comfortable in a world of ambiguous decision making and consultation, with influencing skills and confidence to advise and consider critical success factors.
- Previous experience working in the legal or professional services industry would be advantageous.
Please forward your CV or call Andy Shaw on +44 (0)754 569 7713 or via FaceTime, Skype, WhatsApp or Messenger.
JAM Global Mobility is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Should this position not meet what you are looking for, please forward to someone you feel may be interested in this position.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn