Location: Plymouth (Role is remote with adhoc site visits)
Duration: 12 Month Contract Inially
Rate: £70 per hour umbrella
Secuirty: Due to nature of projects must hold SC or eligable to go through the Secuirty Clearance process.
The Enterprise Architecture Analysts are responsible for developing and implementing Digital Solution's Enterprise Architecture capability offering (Strategy, Business, Applications & Data). Whilst the Digital Business Architects organisationally sit within the data exploitation team, they report day-to-day to the appropriate leads in the programmes to which they are assigned. They have a reporting line to the Enterprise Architecture Lead and the Head of Service Delivery who in turn has responsibility for Enterprise Architecture (Infrastructure & Technology).
Enterprise Architecture (Strategy, Business, Applications & Data) Delivery
- Support Babcock and their customers in the delivery of business transformation programmes
- Participate in the delivery of enterprise architecture projects and the application of architectural practices in other Babcock delivery projects
- Contribution to the selection/definition of context-appropriate architectural meta-models including industry standard (e.g. ArchiMate), extended/adapted and bespoke.
- Develop architectures for the Babcock business(es) and other customers
- Development of as-is and to-be architectures to support assessment of solution options and transformation programme / portfolio management.
- Liaison with internal and customer leadership in a consultative capacity to assist in development and communication of transformation strategy
- The provision of advice and recommendations, based on expertise and experience, to address client needs in both enterprise architecture practice and wider project delivery
- Analysis of current (as-is) business (process & organisation), information and applications to create associated architectural models and viewpoints - Involving bottom-up analysis of physical artefacts (e.g. database schema) and review of documentation (e.g. Quality Management systems, specifications, etc.) supported by interviews and workshops with subject matter experts.
- Develop and maintain architecture management plans for each project/programme
- Assist business development in production of bid material for delivery of enterprise architecture services and applying MDA principles to other bid responses
- Application of systems thinking and architectural principles to support project teams with development of user and system requirements and solution specifications including high level designs, functional specifications, etc.
Capability Development and Management
- Contribute to development of the Babcock SSE Digital Solutions enterprise architecture capability offering.
- Lead on the integration of enterprise architecture and model driven analysis with other aspects of the Digital Solutions enterprise (i.e. Project and Programme management, Business Analysis, Software Development).
- This role has no direct line management responsibility but may be required to provide project management and technical leadership to multi-disciplinary project teams
Specific Responsibilities as a Duly Authorised Person (DAP)
- Creation of operational and project based documentation (Business Cases, Opportunity investments, PID)
- For the principal tasks and responsibilities identified in Section 4 to be carried out and discharged effectively, there are a number of limited responsibilities of other groups or persons that must also be discharged. Principal amongst these are:
- Support SSE by interfacing with the delegated representatives from the MoD and industry partners, ensuring that IKM solutions satisfy their business needs.
- Liaise with other internal functional departments and share information on capability offerings and changes
Key Skills / Experience:
- Holds an Engineering, Business or Computing degree and/or equivalent vocational experience
- Operating in a commercial customer facing role
- Able to guide and influence customer understanding and thinking
- Significant practical experience of the application of model driven architecture (framework agnostic) with particular focus on business, application and data layers of enterprise architectur
- Experience of software solution delivery lifecycles
- Knowledge and experience of software application architectures to support bottom-up abstraction of logical architecture from current physical solution artefacts
- Experience of designing or adapting frameworks to meet specific problem domains and project needs
- Experience of derivation of user and system requirements from model driven architecture
- Domain experience in engineering and asset management preferably the context of any of naval marine, defence equipment & support or nuclear (defence and civil)
- Experience of modelling using MOOD, Sparx EA and Archi or similar/equivalent tools
- Project management
- Leading multi-disciplinary delivery teams
- Mentoring and leading team members in application of model driven architecture
- Site Induction
- Fire Safety
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Display Screen Equipment
- Business Ethics & Conduct Awareness
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Data Protection
- Trade Controls Awareness
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn