In October 2012, JAM surveyed over 1,100 defence industry professionals to find out the latest trends and developments in the industry.
The survey provided a number of interesting key findings including:
- Despite high levels of experience, salary levels remain fairly low within the sector.
- Aerospace, Land and Naval systems are suffering with the biggest shortage of skills.
- Loyalty to the defence sector is a problem, with over 90% claiming they would move to another sector if the pay and benefits were right.
- The defence industry struggles to promote itself as an attractive career choice.
- Half of those surveyed claim they don’t feel secure in their current job, with over 90% claiming they would consider moving positions.
To view the survey report Click here.