Senior Network Engineer - Corsham - 5 Month Contract - £48.78 an hour Umbrella Inside IR35
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading Defence organisations based in Corsham based .
The Senior Network Engineer will support the technical team responsible for the design, development, documentation, building and validation of the core physical and virtual networking components which form the backbone of IT Platform. The detailed responsibilities of the team include:
- The design, development, building and validation of all networking components which form part of the IT Platform.
- Production and review of all levels of design artefacts.
- Supporting wider system testing activities.
- Working with Service Management to resolve issues.
Essential skills, qualifications, and experience
In order to deliver this service, it is essential that individuals have:
- Experience leading a small team of engineers.
- Demonstrable experience of at least 3 years within the industry with detailed knowledge and understanding, of the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of the following:
- Hierarchical IP Subnetting.
- Routing protocols, internal and external, OSPF, and BGP.
- Advanced knowledge of routers, switches and firewalls.
- Core network technologies and infrastructure:
- Cisco Nexus
- Cisco IOS XE
- Leaf and Spine network architecture
- VXLAN Overlay networks
- Dual Cloud Dual Hub DMVPN Solutions
- Firewall IPS/IDS
- AAA Management Platform e.g. ISE
- TRL Crypto
- Configuration of devices and management of keymat
- All aspects of QOS (Traffic Shaping / Policing / Scheduling / Congestion Management and Avoidance).
- At least one of the following professional certifications that have been obtained within the last five years:
- Networking certification - at least CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) or similar.
- Virtualisation certification - VMware VCP-NV (VMware vCenter Certified Professional - Network Virtualisation)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to solve problems and propose new ideas.
Competency in MS Office Suite.
For more information please contact Lauren Morley on 0161 905 7916 or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn