We are currently recruiting for a Senior Commercial Officer to join a global aerospace and defence organisation based in Portsmouth on a 6 month contract.
Senior Commercial Officer
6 month contract
Within this role, you'll be responsible for the management and administration of bids and contracts into the UK Ministry of Defence and internal customer; support the Senior Commercial Manager by taking responsibility for the preparation of quotations and proposals; and provide advice on commercial policy to Line/PM and non Commercial staff making the case for the added value of these processes.
In addition, you'll also negotiate proposals with potential customers and ensuring that this results in acceptable business agreements and contracts and generate suitable NDA and teaming agreements in accordance with policy.
To succeed within this role, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- Good and broad professional knowledge of Commercial principles, techniques and practices and understands how Commercial roles fit in the organisation as a whole
- Knowledge of UK Defence Sector - recognise key players in market
- Basic understanding of how area integrates with the Sub Function within Commercial
In addition, qualification to Degree standard or equivalent will be helpful.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Work on long term contracts
- Develop your skills at a prestigious company
- Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply, please reply with an up to date copy of your CV.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn