Join a world-renowned aerospace organisation as a Remote Working Design Engineer - Landing Gear (Outside IR35)
Would you like to join a global aerospace organisation and work with cutting edge technology where you will play a key role in bringing innovative electric aircraft to life?
Due to a drive for greater success, this advanced manufacturing business is currently searching for a Design Engineer to add to their talented, hardworking team on an initial 6 month contract. Striving for innovation and creativity you can ensure no two days will be the same. This is a remote working role outside IR35 and the hourly rate is negotiable.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a prestigious, advanced organisation, but to gain skills and knowledge you won't find anywhere else.
As a Temporary Design Engineer for the Landing Gear System, you'll be responsible for:
- Design and optimize aerospace parts and assemblies throughout their lifecycle
- Create complex 3D parts and assemblies in CAD (Siemens NX)
- Derive fully dimensioned 2D technical drawings appropriate for production and certification
- Work on any ad hoc related projects or tasks
In addition, you will be part of an interdisciplinary IPT (Integrated Project Team) responsible for the design of various components of the system. You will work with a Mechanical Engineer and drive the development and detailed design of various components and assemblies.
From mechanical parts design to systems development, you will play a key role in bringing our innovative aircraft to life.
To succeed within the role of Design Engineer, you MUST have the following skills:
- Previous experience in designing landing gear components and/or wheel and brake components
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in Aerospace
- Advanced knowledge of Siemens NX (surface modelling is beneficial)
In addition, you will also need basic knowledge of PDM/PLM systems (experience with Teamcenter) and advanced knowledge of ISO GPS (alternatively ASME GD&T) and overall good drafting skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Work on long term contracts
- Develop your skills at a prestigious company
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn