Procurement Professional- Barrow in Furness - £35 an hour - 6 Month Contract
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading Defence organisations based in Barrow in Furness.
Brief Role Description
Responsible for undertaking all aspects of procurement related activity to cost, quality and schedule. Undertake line management responsibilities where appropriate.
Deliver Procurement expertise in line with corporate Procurement policy and process in line with business requirements and performance objectives.
The following activities are typical of work to be carried out with levels of autonomy as indicated.
All tasks must be performed with a right first time ethic in order to meet business-wide Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People principles.
- Have a sound understanding of and apply the Quality Management System documentation e.g. Policy, Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments etc. applicable to your particular work scope and to comply with Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) rules and control measures.
- Support the development, review and update of relevant systems and processes to ensure the effective delivery of activities in assigned areas.
- Support team members to self-verify work to ensure adherence to relevant business systems procedures, policies and processes. Provide guidance to enable the team to produce right first time information.
- Apply strong awareness of risk and opportunity management to optimise performance and minimise risk within scope of work.
- Support team members in ensuring all business systems, document management systems and data sources are kept up-to-date to provide a single point of truth for stakeholders.
- Develop, maintain and manage key relationships both internally and externally. Lead team members to promote effective cross functional collaboration and deliver procurement support and guidance to other functions as required.
- Support audit activity as required.
- Support the delivery of Quality Integrated Work Team performance and Quality Maturity Matrix improvement activity.
- Contribute knowledge and experience to support Continuous Improvement and Learning from Experience activity across the Supply Chain function.
- Provide development support to team members, colleagues and Early Careers.
- Plan, control and deliver assigned projects independently.
For more information please contact Lauren Morley on 0161 905 7916 or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn